Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beware of Dog


Henry, the regal pooch, the English Pointer, how dignified you look in this picture. If only everyone knew how you just ran 100 mph toward me in the fresh new fallen snow, launched yourself like a cannonball into the air and hit me with an impact so great that it threw me into an accidental snow angel position. If you weren't so happy to see me I might be a little upset. Although, next time try not to dance on top of me after you get me down. Please!

On another note...
I'll be cooking soon. We are still feasting on focaccia thanks to Farmgirl Susan but I am getting the sniffles and I know I'll be craving some spicy Indian or Mexican cuisine to clear my head. I watched Manjula make Vegetable Korma on YouTube and I have been dying to try it since. Thanks go out to Miss Chocolate & Zucchini for introducing me to her.

I have also been craving some Muhammara. After I found the recipe in Heidi's new cookbook, Super Natural Cooking, I was hooked. I did substitute honey for the pomegranate molasses, which is hard to find, but it turned out just fine. A friend recently gave me a bottle of the thick raspberry colored syrup so I think the appropriate thing to do would be to try out the authentic version of the recipe. It can really only get better!

Hopefully I will able to get some pictures before every last morsel is devoured. ;)









No comments: